Sunday, April 03, 2005

Post 2 (PWR 2 )

For this project, I think I would like to do research comparing the digital pop culture world in Japan and the digital pop culture world in America. Having studied Japanese for a number of years, I've come to find a great number of similarities between modern Japan and modern America. In particular I'm specifically interested in studying how the mainstream Japanese pop culture, is affected by the technology and digital media that is gaining greater exposure by the day. I suspect that comparatively, the influence of digital media and such technology is far more prevalent in Japan than in America, but I could be wrong.

http://www.ppp.am/ppp_e_gijiroku_2002_10.html
(interesting page from JAPA ( Japan as Popculture Assoc)

For my second possible topic, I would be interested in studying the progress of information technology and how that has in the last decade began to influence changes in language, culture and ways of thinking. I find it fascinating that information "design" is quickly becoming a very important and very valuable area of research. I don't know much about information technology but I will do some more research.

http://designforum.aiga.org/content.cfm?Alias=df_informationdesign
(some articles on info design)

I think as of now, I am leading more towards doing research on information design primarily because I know less about the subject, and I would like to find out more.

No comments: